Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hot Fudge Sauce

This is a 'secret' family recipe that I believe came into the family through my ex-uncle. Since I'm making it right now for some neighborly ice cream eating tonight I figured I'd type it up. That's how confident I am that the recipe will get asked for.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. Butter
1 SemiSweet Chocolate Square (1 oz)
1 Bittersweet/UnSweet Chocolate Square (1 oz)
1/2 c. Cocoa (sift if lumpy)
1 1/2 c. White Sugar
1 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
1 t. Vanilla

Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler on med-hi heat. In a seperate bowl mix cocoa & sugar together (I use a whisk & this eliminates lumps in the cocoa). Add cocoa/sugar to chocolate/butter. Stir well. Add cream & vanilla. Whisk well. Cook 15-20 mins on LOW heat. Note: Mixture will thicken, have no lumps and very few air bubbles. Keep refrigerated in glass jars for easier reheating. Reheat on low power in the microwave.

No comments: