Thursday, July 31, 2008

Granola

I made this for breakfast cereal. I'm sure it would also be good on yogurt. It is very cheap to make, very filling, easily adaptable (I'm thinking of adding almonds). I got the recipe here. If you go to the site you can see lots of people's comments & adaptations.

4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup raisins

In a large bowl, combine oats and coconut; set aside. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread in a large shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. Add raisins. Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

fendernut's love said...

can you make it without oil??

Kristen said...

I've never tried.