Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Crustless Spinach Sausage Quiche

This recipe originally came from here, but I made significant modifications.

1 T olive oil.
1 onion, chopped (I actually did 1/2 an onion & added some onion powder)
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 lb sausage (I did 1 lb and thought it was too much)
10 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed, drained
5 eggs (I did 3 eggs + 2 eggs worth of egg substitute)
2 c shredded cheese (I used 4-cheese because it was cheapest)
1/8 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/8 t garlic powder

Saute and then drain onion and pepper in olive oil.  Add spinach and simmer until all waer is gone.  Seperately brown sausage.  Combine remaining ingredients and then stir onion mixture, sausage and egg mixture together.  Place in greased pie plate and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until egg is set. 
 
I actually used my 4-loaf pan and another corning ware dish &  the cooking time was much reduced and then I had individual serving portions.

No comments: