Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chocolate Glaze

You don't see many dessert recipes from me... but I did want to document the Chocolate Glaze that I made today.  See the original here.  I used it on devil's food cake cupcakes because I didn't have any powdered sugar in the house (oops).  It is quite rich, but also quite yummy.


3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (4.5 oz semisweet chocolate)
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup (some other folks have mentioned using honey instead)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract


1.  In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, (or in the microwave!) combine chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.
2.  Spread warm glaze over top of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.

No comments: