Monday, February 25, 2013

Anytime Sausage (Sugar Free!)

Who needs Breakfast Sausage?  I vote for Anytime Sausage. 

Original is here.

My version:
1.3 lb ground turkey (not extra lean... you need the fat so it doesn't stick to the pan!)
2t sage
1t salt
1t black pepper
1/8t crushed red pepper
1pinch ground cloves
For sweeter sausage: 1 baby apple, peeled, finely chopped (optional)

The original recipe called for marjoram, but I don't have any.  I'm sure it would add a nice little touch.  I did recently acquire some Italian Seasoning, which is heavy on marjoram and I sprinkled it on top during cooking.  That turned out really nicely.

If you don't want to measure out a bunch of seasoning each time, then make a big batch.  I found that 1t of the mix for every 1/3lb of meat works great. 

No comments: