Thursday, November 18, 2010

Butternut Squash Soup

Courtesy of Anne Stahl.

About twice a year, I wish I had an immersion blender.  This is one of those times.....But the blender did work (be careful!).

1 lg onion (diced)
2 med butternut squash (cubed)
1/2 stick butter (probably could use less)
3 cans or 1 box chicken stock (I used homemade broth and then rounded it out with some broth from bouillon)
8 oz cream cheese (probably could use less; I used light)
salt & pepper to taste

Oh, and it was brilliant with broccoli in it. 

Saute onion in butter.  Add squash and cover with stock.  Boil til fork tender (< 20 min).  Puree until smooth.  Add cream cheese and blend til fully incorporated. 

1 comment:

Stick said...

I just want to say that immersion blenders are vastly superior to all other types. FACT.